A Cup of Traditional Masala Chai in a Day, Keeps Stress at Bay!
The power of a good cup of Masala chai is unbeatable! This classic cup of traditional Indian tea will not only lighten up your mood, but it will also make sure to provide you with the nutrients and energize you to make it through the day.
Benefits of Masala Chai
The aromatic, warm & spicy chai not only soothes your senses, but it also provides major health benefits. Some of them are mentioned here:
- Improves Immunity – The herbs and spices used in this tea gives it immunity-boosting properties, making it ideal as an ingestible supplement.
- Calms the Nervous System – This powerful tea can have a calming effect on the body and mind so it can be an excellent natural remedy for anxiety and stress relief.
- Aids Digestion – Masala chai contains ginger and cloves which can help reduce abdominal bloating and also aid in digestion.
Making your own Masala Chai
Making your own Masala chai at home is not a tough task. All you need is some basic ingredients and you are good to go! Here’s what you’ll need to make the perfect cup of Masala Chai:
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of black tea leaves
- 2 tablespoons of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 2 teaspoons of honey (optional)
- Boil the water in a saucepan.
- Add the tea leaves, ginger, lemon juice, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, and cloves.
- Let the mixture simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a cup and add honey, if desired.
- Enjoy your cup of warm and aromatic Masala chai!
Nothing screams comfort and happiness like a cup of aromatic and spicy Masala chai! The next time you feel exhausted and stressed, make sure you have a cup of warm and invigorating Masala chai. Your mind and body will surely thank you.