A Cup of Traditional Masala Chai in a Day, Keeps Stress at Bay!
Traditional masala chai has been known since many centuries for its nourishing benefits. Indians believe that a cup of hot masala chai in the morning keeps stress and illness at bay. It is a beverage that offers health benefits and calms the mind.
Masala chai is made with a mix of delicious spices, herbs and black tea, which are listed below:
- 2 cups water
- 2 black tea bags or 2 teaspoons of loose black tea
- 2-3 cardamom pods
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger, about 2 tablespoons
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves
- 1-2 cloves
- 2-3 black peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2-3 teaspoons of sugar or honey
Masala chai is a delicious and healthy beverage. It can provide numerous health benefits, such as:
- Boosts Immunity: The spices used in making masala chai can help boost the body’s immune system and help fight off illness.
- Stress Reliever: The aromatic spices used in chai tea can help to relieve stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Detoxifies the Body: Catechins, which are antioxidants found in the black tea used in masala chai, can help the body to naturally detox.)
- Promotes Digestion: The digestive properties of the herbs and spices used in this beverage can help to promote healthy digestion.
- Regulates Blood Sugar: The spices used in this beverage can also help to regulate blood sugar levels.
Masala chai has been a part of Indian culture for centuries; used as a welcoming beverage, a medicinal drink and as the means to share conversations. Not only is it a delicious beverage, but it is also beneficial to one’s health. A cup of traditional masala chai in the morning really can help keep stress and illness at bay!