A Cup of Traditional Masala Chai in a Day, Keeps Stress at Bay!
A steaming hot cup of Masala chai is the perfect stress buster, if you live in India. The traditional Masala chai has a fragrant aroma and a unique taste that can be aptly describable using words like warmth, richness and spiciness. It is widely loved by Indians of all generations.
Who Can Drink Masala Chai?
Masala Chai is suitable for everyone. It is naturally caffeine free and contains several health benefits due to the range of ingredients and spices used to make it. There are many variations that you can make and even customize according to your taste.
What Are the Health Benefits?
- Keeps your weight in check, when taken in moderation
- Can reduce inflammation and other diseases
- Helps strengthen your heart and bones
- Boosts your energy levels
- Helps reduce levels of stress
- Contains antioxidants, which help fight cancer cells
How To Make Traditional Masala Chai?
The traditional Masala chai consists of black tea, milk, ginger, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon. You can find the ingredients in any Indian grocery store. It is a simple recipe and can be prepared within minutes. Here is the step by step process:
- Boil 1 cup of water in a pan.
- Add 1 teaspoon of black tea leaves and all the spices: 1 piece of cinnamon, 6 to 8 freshly crushed pepper corns, 2 cardamom pods, 3 to 4 cloves and 1 small piece of freshly grated ginger.
- Simmer the mixture for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of milk to the mixture and bring it to a boil.
- Strain the tea into a cup and enjoy!
Masala chai is the perfect drink to help you relax and unwind. It has many health benefits which have been enjoyed by generations of Indians. So why not take a break and treat yourself to a steaming hot cup of traditional Masala Chai? Enjoy the warmth and spiciness of this calming tea and feel the stress slowly melting away.