A Cup of Traditional Masala Chai in a Day, Keeps Stress at Bay!
A cup of masala chai is an absolute blessing that has been enjoyed in India for many centuries and also across many countries of the world. It’s a hugely popular tea known for its distinct flavors and aroma, and has often been made with a mix of spices and herbs that provide numerous health benefits.
Benefits of Drinking Masala Chai
1. Boost immune system – It is believed that masala chai helps in boosting the immune system, as it contains ingredients like ginger, which is said to be antiseptic and antifungal in nature.
2. Reduce stress – It helps in managing stress levels due to its calming properties. Certain spices like ginger and cardamom help in relieving stress, promoting relaxation and reducing the levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
3. Energizing effect – The spices in masala chai help give it a mild stimulating effect, due to the caffeine present in the tea. This can help you get going and stay focused during the day.
4. Support digestion – The spices used in the tea aid in digestion, as they promote the secretion of digestive acids in the stomach, helping in the breakdown of food.
How to Make Masala Chai
Making masala chai is easy and the ingredients you may need are
- Tea Leaves
- Heat 1 cup of water in a pot over medium heat.
- Add a teaspoon of tea leaves, ⅛ teaspoon of crushed ginger, 4-5 peppers, ¼ teaspoon of cloves, 2-3 cardamom pods and a few pieces of cinnamon.
- Stir the mixture and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add 1 cup of milk and let it come to a boil.
- Add sugar or honey as per your taste.
- Strain the tea and enjoy your hot cup of masala chai!
So make the most of this traditional Indian beverage, for the soothing and energizing experience that it provides. Whether it’s to reap its numerous health benefits or to just relax, nothing can beat a cup of masala chai.