Making Tea in a Coffee Maker
Brewing tea using a coffee maker might be easier than you think! If you don’t have a teapot or access to hot water, a coffee maker can come in very handy. There are a few steps to making tea in a coffee maker but once you get the hang of it, you will make perfect tea every time.
What You’ll Need
- Coffee maker
- Loose leaf tea or tea bags
- Paper filter or filter basket
- Hot water
- Put a paper filter or a filter basket into the coffee filter holder.
- For every cup of tea being made, place 1 teaspoon of loose leaf tea or 1 tea bag into the coffee filter.
- Pour hot water over the leaves.
- Place the coffee maker carafe on the hot plate.
- Brew the tea as if you were making coffee.
- Once the brewing is complete, remove the filter with the tea leaves.
- Your tea is now ready to serve!
- For a stronger taste, increase the amount of tea being used.
- You can pour cold water over the leaves for a less intense flavor.
- If you’re using a paper filter, make sure to discard it after each use.
- For added sweetness, add some honey or sugar.
Now you know how to make tea in a coffee maker! With these simple steps, you can easily enjoy tea made from the comfort of your own home. Whether you’re in a hurry or need a tea fix, making tea with a coffee maker is the way to go.