Can You Drink Chamomile Tea Cold?
Chamomile tea is often enjoyed as a hot beverage. But what about cold? Is it possible to drink it cold and still receive the same health benefits?
Health Benefits of Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea is a popular choice for many for its medicinal and therapeutic properties. Here are some of the most noteworthy benefits:
- Lowers stress and anxiety – This is the most well-known benefit of chamomile tea. It contains compounds that help calm the mind and reduce stress.
- Improves digestion – Drinking chamomile tea helps to ease bloating and promote a healthy digestive system.
- Alleviates insomnia – Chamomile tea has sedative effects that can help to improve sleep quality.
- Reduces inflammation – The antioxidant compounds in chamomile tea can help reduce inflammation throughout the body.
Can You Drink It Cold?
Yes, you can drink chamomile tea cold. While the beneficial compounds found in chamomile tea may be affected to some extent by cold temperatures, it is still considered to be a safe and beneficial beverage.
Just as with hot chamomile tea, some individuals with existing gastrointestinal problems should be cautious and may want to avoid cold chamomile tea. However, otherwise it can be safely consumed both hot and cold.
How to Make Chamomile Tea
Making chamomile tea is easy:
- Boil water and pour it into a cup.
- Add one teaspoon of chamomile flowers to the water and steep it for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain and pour the tea into a cup.
- Add honey, lemon, or other preferred sweeteners as desired.
For cold chamomile tea, simply let the brewed mixture cool prior to drinking.
So, can you drink chamomile tea cold? Yes! You can certainly enjoy the health benefits of chamomile tea in colder temperatures. Just remember to prepare it correctly for maximum flavor and benefits.