Can You Make Sun Tea in a Plastic Container?
Making sun tea is a great way to have delicious iced tea without having to boil a pot of water. It can be a great family activity to do together and it’s a great way to enjoy a drink on a hot summer day.
What You’ll Need:
- A plastic container
- Tea bags (6 to 8 recommended)
- 3 quarts of water
- Sunlight (6 to 8 hours)
- Sterilize Your Container: You’ll want to start with a container that is clean and free from bacteria. You can use a bottle of bleach and water or even boiling water.
- Add Water & Tea Bags: Once you have a clean container, add in the 3 quarts of water. Drop in the tea bags and be sure to dispose of the tags properly.
- Let Your Tea Steep in the Sun: Place your container in an area that is exposed to sunlight for 6 to 8 hours. You can also put a lid on the container to keep bugs and dust out.
- Enjoy Your Tea:Your tea should be properly steeped at this point and ready to enjoy. You can add ice and lemon, or drink it as is. Enjoy!
Making sun tea with a plastic container is simple and easy. Just make sure that your container is clean and that you’re using fresh water. Once you’ve gathered your supplies, all that is left to do is wait for the sun to do its job. Enjoy!