Can You Put Turmeric in Tea?
Turmeric is a spice commonly known for adding flavor, color and health benefits to a variety of dishes. Recently, it has been gaining in popularity as an ingredient in drinks. But can you put turmeric in tea?
Yes, You Can Put Turmeric in Tea
Turmeric is an incredibly versatile ingredient, and you can easily add it to your tea. There are many great reasons to try it:
- It adds flavor: Turmeric has a mild spice and slightly bitter taste that can add an interesting flavor to your favorite cup of tea.
- It adds health benefits: Turmeric has many beneficial compounds that have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and even anti-cancer properties.
- It’s easy to make: You can simply add a teaspoon of ground turmeric to a cup of hot tea, or you can make a turmeric tea latte using milk, honey and spices.
How to Make a Turmeric Tea Latte
Making a turmeric tea latte is easy and quick. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups of hot water
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon of honey or sweetener of your choice
- ½ cup of milk (your choice of almond, coconut, cow’s milk, etc.)
To make the tea latte, simply add the ground turmeric and ginger to the hot water and stir to combine. Then add the honey and milk, and heat until it’s just below boiling. Once it’s ready, pour it into a mug and enjoy!
Turmeric is a flavorful and healthful addition to tea. You can easily add it to your favorite cup or make a turmeric tea latte with a few simple ingredients. Give it a try and you might find it to be the perfect way to start your day!