Types of Premium Hand Rolled Soothing Oolong Tea
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced tea drinker, you’ll be sure to be enchanted by the mesmerizing ritual of preparing and drinking Oolong tea. Oolong is a tea that lies halfway between a green and black tea with the smell, flavor, and health benefits of both. It’s known for its versatility, offering tea drinkers a deep, complex flavor that varies depending on its prepared form.
Types of Hand Rolled Oolong Tea
- Tie Kwan Yin: This particular type of oolong is one of the best known, originating from a small town on central Taiwan’s Anxi county. An extremely high quality variety of oolong, it’s cultivated using traditional techniques that have been passed down over centuries in the region. Harvested in the spring and early summer, it’s known for its bitter aroma yet light flavor, along with its health benefits.
- Mi Lan Xiang: This type of oolong tea is also known as the Honey Orchid, and originates from the Guangdong province of China. It’s recognizable for its distinct aroma of honey, and its complex taste which changes over the first few brews. Its leaves are believed to be particularly healthy due to their antioxidant properties.
- Pouchong Teas: This type of oolong is more oxidized than the others and is produced by a different technique. It’s known for its characteristic flavor due to the unique temperature of the wok used for roasting. The leaves give off a light aroma, and are mild and creamy in taste.
Health Benefits of Oolong Tea
Aside from its taste, Oolong tea also has a number of health benefits that have been known to have a positive effect on our bodies. Here are some of the health benefits that you can gain from drinking oolong tea:
- Improved digestion
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Reduced risk of certain types of cancer
- Regulation of blood pressure
- High levels of antioxidants for better immunity
In addition to these, Oolong tea has also been known to be an effective weight loss aid due to its ability to increase metabolism.
Premium Hand Rolled Oolong tea has a variety of health benefits, as well as an amazing taste to enjoy. Whether you’re looking to try something new, or just looking for something to replace your morning coffee, you won’t regret giving Oolong tea a try.