Types of Premium Hand Rolled Soothing Oolong Tea
Oolong tea, originating from China and Taiwan, is known for its sweet and fragrant flavor. Oolong tea has a long history, and brewing oolong tea is an art that has been passed down for generations. This type of tea is made by withering the leaves in a partial oxidation process that gives it a unique flavor.
Benefits of Soothing Oolong Tea
Premium hand rolled oolong tea provides a wealth of health benefits. Oolong tea is a natural source of antioxidants, which can reduce inflammation and protect cells against oxidative stress. It can also lower cholesterol and increase metabolism. Studies have even found that oolong tea may help reduce blood sugar levels and the risk of diabetes.
Types of Hand Rolled Oolong Tea
When looking for the perfect premium hand rolled oolong tea, there are several varieties to choose from. Here are some of the most popular types of oolong tea:
- Jin Xuan: A mild and sweet oolong that has a rich, creamy flavor and a pleasant floral fragrance.
- Tie Guan Yin: Pronounced “ti-ger on-e” this type of oolong has a distinctly rich and savory flavor.
- Oriental Beauty: This oolong tea variety is known for its strong flavor and honey aroma.
- Dong Ding: Dong Ding oolong is processed in a special way that gives it a naturally sweet and smooth flavor.
- Bai Hao Oolong: Bai Hao oolong is a full-bodied tea with a fruity aroma and a sweet, honey-like flavor.
Preparing Hand Rolled Oolong Tea
When preparing hand rolled oolong tea, the key is to steep it in the optimum temperature. Generally speaking, the temperature should be between 190-205 °F (87-96 °C). Start by steeping your tea for about 1 minute, gradually increasing the steeping time as needed. The longer you steep the tea, the stronger the flavor will be.
Premium hand rolled oolong tea has a comforting and soothing flavor that can be enjoyed at any time of the day. This type of tea offers a variety of health benefits, and there are a variety of flavors to choose from. When preparing your tea, simply use the right temperature and the right steeping time to get the perfect cup each and every time.