How to Make Sun Tea
Sun tea is an easy and refreshing way to make iced tea in your backyard. With just a few simple steps, you can make a delicious pitcher of homemade sun tea and cool down on a hot summer day.
Ingredients and Supplies
To make sun tea, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Tea bags: Choose your favorite kind of black or herbal tea.
- Pitcher or Jar: Any large container will do as long as it is clear and can be sealed tightly.
- Water: To get the best flavor, use cold spring, filtered or filtered tap water.
- Ice: To keep the tea mixture cool.
- Sugar or Honey: Optional for added sweetness.
- Add 5-6 tea bags, depending on the size of your pitcher, to the container.
- Add 8-10 cups of cold water, making sure to cover the tea bags completely.
- Seal the container tightly and place the pitcher in the sun.
- Let the mixture steep in the sun for 3-4 hours, depending on the strength of tea you want.
- When the tea has steeped for the desired amount of time, carefully remove the tea bags from the pitcher.
- Add ice, sugar or honey to the tea to taste.
- Enjoy your sun tea!
With these simple steps, it is easy to make refreshing sun tea. Whether it is a hot summer day or a rainy day picnic, sun tea is a delicious and easy way to enjoy iced tea.