How Is Thai Tea Made?
Thai tea is a traditional and popular drink in Thailand. It has a distinctive orange colour and an intriguing sweet, spicy flavour. It is made with tea, sugar, condensed milk and the flavourings of star anise, crushed tamarind seed, cardamom pods and vanilla.
- black tea leaves
- star anise
- crushed tamarind seed
- cardamom pods
- condensed milk
- Begin by boiling a jug of water.
- When the water is boiling, add two tablespoons of black tea leaves and the spices to the boiling water.
- Boil the tea for about five minutes and then strain the tea using a sieve.
- In a separate cup, mix together one teaspoon of sugar and the condensed milk.
- Add the condensed milk mixture to the tea and stir until everything is well combined.
- Serve the Thai tea hot or cold and enjoy!
Thai tea is a unique and delicious drink that is sure to delight. The distinctive orange colour and unique flavour come from the combination of spices and condensed milk that make this drink a truly unique experience!