Making Tea with Fresh Ginger
The lively, earthy flavor of fresh ginger makes it a great choice for warming tea. Whether you’re looking to soothe a sore throat, or just enjoy the delightful taste, brewing your own ginger tea is simple.
- Fresh ginger root
- Honey or sugar, optional
- Preparing the ginger. Start with fresh ginger root. Peel off the skin and cut into thin slices.
- Boiling. Put the fresh ginger slices in a pot of boiling water and let it simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Steeping. After 10-12 minutes, turn off the heat and let the tea steep for 5 minutes or longer, depending on the desired level of ginger flavor.
- Adding sweetener. If desired, add honey or sugar to taste.
- Enjoy! Strain the tea and serve hot.
And there you have it! Making ginger tea is an easy and delicious way to enjoy the warm, spicy flavor of fresh ginger root. Enjoy!