Making Ginger Tea
Ginger Tea is one of the best ways to enjoy the full-bodied flavour of ginger. But how long do you boil the ginger before making a cup of tea? Let’s take a look.
What You’ll Need
- Fresh ginger root
- Freshly boiled water
- A saucepan for boiling the ginger
- Optional sweetener (sugar, honey, etc…)
- Using a sharp knife, chop off 2-3 thin slices of fresh ginger root.
- Put the fresh ginger slices into a saucepan and cover them with freshly boiled water.
- Boil the ginger and water together for 3-5 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a teacup and add your preferred sweetener, if desired.
- Enjoy your freshly brewed ginger tea!
At the end of the day, the answer to the question: “How long do you boil ginger for tea?” is 3-5 minutes! So the next time you fancy a cup of relaxing ginger tea, make sure you boil the ginger for 3-5 minutes and enjoy its unique flavour.