How Long Does Sweet Tea Last in the Fridge?
Most people love the sweet tea, a Southern beverage staple that’s often made and served at home or brought to a gathering. But what do you do if you have extra? Can you store it?
Optimal Fridge Storage
When you’re storing sweet tea in the refrigerator, it’s important to keep a few things in mind:
- Transfer the tea from its original pitcher to an airtight container.
- Store the container on the middle shelf of the refrigerator.
- Be sure the lid is tightly sealed.
How Long Does It Last?
Generally, sweet tea can last up to a week in the refrigerator. But if you want to extend the life of the tea, it’s best to finish it in 3 to 4 days. Keeping the tea in an airtight container helps protect it from absorbing odors from other food in the refrigerator.
Tips for Drinking Sweet Tea
- To reduce the amount of sugar in the tea and make it more healthful, consider adding a slice of lemon or lime.
- Mix 1/4 cup of unsweetened tea with a 1/4 cup of sweet tea for a tasty beverage that is lower in sugar and calories.
- For an iced tea, add water, sugar and a squeeze of lemon, lime or orange to the pitcher before chilling it in the refrigerator.
When stored properly, sweet tea can provide an ideal beverage choice for parties and family get-togethers. Now that you know