How Long Is Sweet Tea Good For in the Fridge?
To many, sweet tea is a summer staple—but how can you ensure you’re drinking it at its best? Storing sweet tea in the fridge is the best way to keep it cool and safe from bacteria, but how long will it keep? Here are some tips to help keep your tea freshly brewed and delicious!
It’s important to note that sweet tea does not have a long shelf life. When stored in the fridge, sweet tea can last for about one to two weeks, up to the expiration date. It’s best to keep the tea refrigerated for no more than 3-5 days for optimal flavor and freshness. When tea is stored for too long, it may taste bitter or stale.
To keep your sweet tea as fresh as possible, follow these tips:
- Store tea in an airtight container and keep it refrigerated.
- Make sure to discard any tea that is more than two weeks old.
- Check the expiration date before you buy tea if you know you won’t be using it right away.
- Only make as much tea as you can drink in one sitting so you don’t have to worry about storing the rest for too long.
- Be sure to seal the container properly after each use.
Sweet tea is a tasty and refreshing beverage, and it also has many health benefits! Tea contains antioxidants, which help to protect your cells and fight disease. Drinking sweet tea may also reduce your risk of stroke and some cancers, improve your heart health, and reduce inflammation.
Sweet tea can be enjoyed for up to two weeks if kept in the fridge. To ensure your tea stays fresh, be sure to store it in an airtight container and only make as much tea as you can drink in one sitting. Enjoy the refreshing beverage while taking advantage of its many health benefits!