How Long to Boil Cinnamon Sticks for Tea?
Brewing a fragrant and delicious cup of cinnamon tea is not as complicated as it seems. To make the perfect cup of cinnamon tea, it’s important to understand how to properly boil cinnamon sticks.
What You’ll Need
- Cinnamon sticks
- A pot
Let’s Get Started
First, you’ll need to gather all the ingredients. You’ll need water, cinnamon sticks and a suitable pot to boil the ingredients in.
Next, fill the pot with enough water to cover the cinnamon stick. Place the pot on the stove-top on high heat.
Note: It’s important to use high heat so that the water can reach boiling point quickly.
Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to low and add the cinnamon sticks. Let the cinnamon sticks simmer for 15 minutes. Then, turn off the heat and let the cinnamon sticks steep in the hot water for 10 minutes.
Next, strain the cinnamon sticks from the hot water. The water will now be your tea.
Your cinnamon tea is now ready to drink! Serve it hot or cold, depending on your preference.
To make a sweeter cup of cinnamon tea, add some honey or sugar. You can also add milk or cream for a creamy and indulgent twist.
- Gather the ingredients: Water, cinnamon sticks, pot
- Boil the water: Boil water in a pot on high heat.
- Simmer & steep: Add the cinnamon sticks and simmer for 15 minutes, then steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain & serve: Strain the cinnamon sticks and serve the tea.
- Enjoy! Sweeten the tea with honey or sugar, or add milk or cream.
Follow these simple steps and enjoy a cup of steaming, fragrant cinnamon tea!