How to Make Iced Tea
Summertime is the ideal season for brewing up a cool glass of iced tea. Whether you’re in the mood for classic black tea, herbal tea, or green tea, these easy-to-follow steps will help you make a perfect pitcher of summer-time beverage.
- 3-4 tea bags of your preferred tea variety
- 7-8 cups of cold water
- 2/3 cup of sugar/sweeteners (optional)
- Begin by boiling the 7-8 cups of water in a large pot.
- As soon as all the water boils, place the 3-4 tea bags in the water and turn off the heat.
- Let the tea steep for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags from the pot, pressing the bags gently to make sure to extract as much flavor as possible.
- Optional sweeteners may be added at this point.
- Pour the tea into a pitcher and place in the refrigerator to chill completely (about 2-3 hours).
- When the tea is ready, serve in glasses filled with ice and enjoy!
You can also add some lemon or lime slices, or you could try brewing flavored iced teas by adding slices of fruits such as apples and oranges. If you want to switch it up, you could even spice up your iced tea with fresh herbs like mint and rosemary.