How Many Calories Are In Boba Tea?
It’s easy to think of boba tea as a creamy, sugary indulgence, but have you ever thought about the calories you’re drinking? Boba teas are typically made with a base of tea that is blended with additional ingredients like fruit,sweeteners and milk. All of these combine to make quite a caloric concoction.
Calorie Counts of Popular Boba Tea Flavors
The calorie counts of boba tea drinks vary according to the type of beverage and the ingredients used. Here are some popular flavors and their approximate calorie counts:
- Milk Tea: 160-240 calories
- Taro Milk Tea: 200-280 calories
- Thai Tea: 250-300 calories
- Rose Milk Tea: 190-270 calories
- Green Tea: 140-180 calories
- Strawberry Milk Tea: 210-300 calories
It’s important to note that these calorie counts are only approximate and may be higher or lower depending on the shop and the ingredients used.
How to Make Boba Tea Healthier
If you are looking to reduce the calorie count of your boba tea, there are a few simple things you can do:
- Choose a smaller cup size, as this will reduce the amount of tea in your drink.
- Opt for a lower calorie milk such as almond milk or coconut milk.
- Choose less sugary flavors or skip adding extra sweetener.
- Reduce or omit the boba balls, which are typically made from tapioca starch and are high in carbs and calories.
By following these simple tips, you can make your boba tea a healthier treat that won’t break your diet.
So the next time you enjoy a cup of boba tea, keep in mind the calorie count and make an effort to reduce the fat and sugar by making smart substitutions. Enjoying this delicious treat can still be part of a healthy lifestyle!