Sun Tea: How Many Tea Bags Do You Need?
Sun tea is an easy and refreshing way to enjoy a homemade cup of tea. But if you’ve ever wondered how many tea bags you need to make the perfect jug of sun tea, then look no further!
What Is Sun Tea?
Sun tea is a type of brewed tea made by adding tea bags to water and allowing the brew to steep in the sun over several hours. This infusion process produces a mild, refreshing tea infusion.
How Many Tea Bags for Sun Tea?
The number of tea bags you will require for a perfect jug of sun tea will depend on the size of your jug and the strength of tea that you like. Generally, you should use:
- 1-2 tea bags per 2 litres of cold water for a light, refreshing tea.
- 2-3 tea bags per 2 litres of water for a medium strength brew.
- 3 to 6 tea bags per 2 litres of water for a strong tea.
Note that the amount of tea used can be adjusted according to your personal taste.
Tips for Making the Best Sun Tea
Once you’ve selected the right number of tea bags for your sun tea, you can use these tips for making the perfect jug:
- Use fresh, cold water.
- Place your jug in a warm, sunny spot.
- Let your tea steep in the sun for 3-5 hours, but avoid direct sunlight.
- Be sure to remove the tea bags after brewing.
- Serve your sun tea over ice for a refreshing drink.
Once your sun tea is ready, you can enjoy it and experience the refreshing delight it offers. With the right number of tea bags and tips, you’ll be able to make the perfect jug of sun tea every time!