How Much Caffeine Is In A Chai Tea Latte From Starbucks?
Chai tea lattes from Starbucks have become a popular drink among those who enjoy a sweet and spiced drink. If you are a fan of chai tea lattes, you may be wondering how much caffeine is in them.
Caffeine Content in Chai Tea Lattes
The average chai tea latte from Starbucks contains:
- 75-85 mg of caffeine per Grande (16 fl oz) cup
- 150-170 mg of caffeine per Venti (20 fl oz) cup
- 225-255 mg of caffeine per Trenta (24 fl oz) cup
Although the caffeine content may not seem very high compared to other caffeinated beverages, it can still provide a boost of energy. Additionally, the sugar and fat content in a chai tea latte should also be taken into account.
Caffeine in Other Chai Tea Drinks
Chai tea lattes are not the only way to get your caffeine fix from chai tea. Other chai tea drinks, such as chai tea lattes without the espresso or chai tea frappuccinos, contain varying amounts of caffeine.
- 25-35 mg of caffeine per Grande (16 fl oz) cup of chai tea latte without the espresso
- 80-90 mg of caffeine per Venti (20 fl oz) cup of chai tea latte without the espresso
- 167 mg of caffeine per Grande (16 fl oz) cup of chai tea frappuccino
- 234 mg of caffeine per Venti (20 fl oz) cup of chai tea frappuccino
It is important to note that the amount of caffeine can vary from location to location, so be sure to check with your local Starbucks before ordering.
Alternatives to Chai Tea Lattes
If you are looking for a lower-caffeine option, consider trying a chai latte without the espresso or a chai tea frappuccino. Or, if you’re looking for a caffeine-free option, try a non-caffeinated chai tea frappuccino or a chai tea steeped for less time. Regardless of your preference, there is sure to be a chai tea drink that is perfect for you.