How much caffeine is in decaf tea?
We all know that teas are a great source of antioxidants and do wonders for our health. But many of us wonder, how much caffeine is in decaf tea?
Decaf Tea Caffeine Level Comparisons
The amount of caffeine in decaf tea varies depending on the type. Below we give a comparison between the caffeinated and decaf varieties:
- Black Tea: Regular 40-70 mg per 8 fl. oz., Decaf 2-5 mg per 8 fl. oz.
- Green Tea: Regular 35-70 mg per 8 fl. oz., Decaf 0-12 mg per 8 fl. oz.
- Oolong Tea: Regular 37-55 mg per 8 fl. oz., Decaf 0-12 mg per 8 fl. oz.
- White Tea: Regular 6-60 mg per 8 fl. oz., Decaf 0-12 mg per 8 fl. oz.
- Herbal Tea: 0 mg per 8 fl. oz. regardless of decaf.
Decaf Tea Benefits
Even with trace amounts of caffeine, decaf tea can still offer several health benefits. Decaf tea can:
- Reduce stress
- Boost the immune system
- Promote oral health
- Increase energy levels
- Improve digestion
So if you are looking for a lower caffeine alternative to your favorite tea, decaf can be a great option. Just make sure to check the label to be aware of the type and amount of caffeine in the tea.