Adding Ginger to Tea
Ginger adds an incredibly delicious and flavorful kick to your cup of tea. It’s easy to add to your existing tea blends, and the result is a tea that’s delightful, fragrant, and zesty. Here’s how to add ginger to your tea.
Choosing Your Ginger
In order to add ginger to your tea, you need to start with the right ginger:
- Fresh ginger root: Fresh ginger root is the most flavorful and fragrant option, but also the most time-consuming. It requires you to peel, grate, and simmer it in hot water before you add it to your tea.
- Ginger powder: Ginger powder is less time-consuming than fresh ginger root, but it won’t add the same flavor. Make sure you purchase good quality ginger powder.
- Ginger tea bags: Pre-packaged ginger tea bags are easy to use, and they provide great flavor. You can steep them in hot water and then add them to your tea.
Adding the Ginger
Once you have your ginger of choice, it’s time to add it to your tea:
- If using fresh ginger root, peel and grate it, then simmer it in hot water for 10 minutes. Once the water has cooled a bit, add it to your tea.
- If using ginger powder, add 1/4 teaspoon to your tea. Adjust to taste.
- If using ginger tea bags, steep them in hot water for 3-5 minutes, and then add the brewed tea to your tea.
Once you’ve added the ginger, your tea is now ready to enjoy. The warm, fragrant flavor of ginger adds an incredible taste to your tea. Enjoy your delicious cup of tea!