How to Apply Tea Tree Oil for Healthy Gums
What is Tea Tree Oil?
Tea Tree oil is derived from the Melaleuca Alternifolia, a shrub native to Australia. It has strong antimicrobial, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties. As such, it is commonly used to help with a variety of skin and oral health issues. To use tea tree oil safely and effectively, it should be diluted and directly applied only to your gums.
Steps to Apply Tea Tree Oil to Gums
- Mix a few drops of the tea tree oil with a teaspoon of coconut oil. This will dilute the tea tree oil and help prevent any adverse reactions.
- Gently massage the mixture onto your gums. You can use a cotton swab or your finger for this.
- Let the mixture stay on your gums for a few minutes. This will help the tea tree oil work its magic.
- Rinse your mouth with lukewarm water after a few minutes.
- Before using tea tree oil, it’s important to consult your dentist to make sure you’re not allergic to it.
- Make sure you don’t swallow the tea tree oil when rinsing your mouth.
- It’s best to understand the possible side effects of using tea tree oil before using it.