How to Apply Tea Tree Oil to Hair
Tea tree oil has many natural benefits for hair, from relieving dry scalp to increasing body and shine. When applied correctly, it can be an easy and effective way to improve the health of your hair.
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
- Tea tree oil
- Carrier oil (such as jojoba or coconut oil)
- Quarter-sized amount of shampoo
- Spray bottle (optional)
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with a quarter-sized amount of shampoo and mix together in a bottle or small bowl.
- Add a few drops of carrier oil, like jojoba oil, and combine. Shake the bottle to mix all the ingredients together.
- Wet your hair and apply the mixture to your hair and scalp. Gently massage it into your scalp for a few minutes.
- Rinse your hair for 30 seconds and add a few drops of tea tree oil to your regular conditioner and apply it as usual.
- You can also add a few drops of tea tree oil to a spray bottle filled with water and spray it onto your hair for a stronger effect.
- If you find that your hair is becoming too dry, add more conditioner, or add a few more drops of carrier oil to the mixture.
- Once finished, blot your hair with a towel and comb it out with a wide-tooth comb and style as usual.
By following these steps, you can easily benefit from the natural properties of tea tree oil to keep your scalp and hair healthy. Regular use of tea tree oil can result in more moisturized, healthy and shiny hair.