Safety Tips for Applying Tea Tree Oil to Piercings
Tea tree oil is a great natural way to clean and soothe piercings. It can help to prevent infection and reduce inflammation. Following the below safety tips will help ensure that the application of tea tree oil on piercings is both effective and safe.
- Make sure the Tea Tree Oil is 100% pure: Before applying the tea tree oil to a piercing, make sure it is 100% pure and has not been watered down by other oils.
- Test a Group Patch: If you have sensitive skin, it may be worthwhile to do a patch test before applying the tea tree oil to the entire piercing.
- Check Expiration Date: It is important to check the expiration date of the product, as tea tree oil that is expired can be less effective at relieving inflammation.
- Clean Hands: Be sure to wash your hands before applying the tea tree oil.
- Dilute the Oil: It is recommended to dilute the tea tree oil with a carrier oil, such as jojoba oil, coconut oil, or olive oil.
- Apply Gently: When applying the tea tree oil to the piercing, be sure to do so gently; do not rub or scrub.
- Let it Sit: After applying the tea tree oil, allow it to sit on the piercing for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Rinse Thoroughly: It is important to rinse the piercing very well with warm water to remove any residue of the tea tree oil.
- Pat Dry: Once the piercing is rinsed, gently pat it dry with a clean, dry cloth or paper towel.
- Store the Oil Properly: When not in use, be sure to store the tea tree oil in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
By following these safety tips for applying tea tree oil to piercings, you can help ensure that the application is both effective and safe for your piercing.