How to Apply Tea Tree Oil to Your Piercing
Tea tree oil has a multitude of uses and is widely recognized for its disinfecting and healing properties. It has found its way into the piercing world and is widely used to treat itching, redness and swelling associated with new piercings. Applying tea tree oil to your piercing can greatly improve healing time and reduce any pain or discomfort. Here are the steps you need to follow to safely apply tea tree oil to your new piercing.
Things You Will Need:
- Tea tree oil
- Cotton swab
- Latex gloves
- Sterile bottle for storing oil
- Clean wash cloth
- Put on latex gloves. It is essential to wear gloves during the process of applying tea tree oil since they help to prevent any further infection.
- Dilute the oil. Never apply pure tea tree oil to a piercing because it can cause stinging and inflammation. Instead, dilute it with water at a ration of 1 or 2 drops of oil per 1 teaspoon of water.
- Soak a cotton swab in the resulting mixture and use it to apply the oil. Be sure to gently wipe across the surface of the piercing.
- Leave it on for 2-5 minutes before washing it off with a clean wash cloth.
- Repeat the process twice a day. Doing this will help to keep the piercing clean and reduce any swelling, redness or discomfort.
Tea tree oil is an easy, safe and effective way to treat and care for your piercings. Just remember to always dilute it with water before applying and be sure to follow these steps regularly to get the best results.