How to Apply Tea Tree Oil to Toe Nail Fungus
Tea tree oil is a natural anti-fungal agent and can be used as an effective remedy against toe nail fungus. Here are some simple steps on how to use tea tree oil to treat toe nail fungus.
Steps to Follow
- Clean the Infected Nail: Start by cleaning the infected toe nail with hydrogen peroxide. This will help to remove any bacteria or fungus that has built up on the surface.
- Trim and File: Trim and file the infected toenail as much as possible to help the tea tree oil penetrate deeper into the nail bed.
- Apply the Tea Tree Oil: Using a clean cotton swab or cotton ball, apply the tea tree oil directly to the affected toe nail.
- Cover the Toe Nail: Using a bandage or medical tape, cover the treated toe nail and keep it covered for several hours.
- Repeat Treatment: For best results, repeat this treatment twice daily for several weeks.
While tea tree oil may smell slightly unpleasant, it can show significant results when used regularly over time. With a little patience and diligence, your toe nail fungus can be a thing of the past.