Brew popular Matcha Tea with Simple Steps!
Matcha tea is one of the most popular tea flavors worldwide. It is made of ground green tea leaves and can be infused quite easily. Here are some simple steps to brew the perfect cup of Matcha tea at home.
Gather The Necessary Ingredients and Equipment
You will need:
- Tea leaves: High-quality matcha green tea leaves – traditionally matcha is made with tencha
- Utensils: A sieve, teaspoon and a small bowl
- Equipment: Chasen (matcha whisk), matcha bowl (chawan), matcha spoon (chashaku) and bamboo whisk holder
- Water: Filtered or bottled water preferably
- Place 2 teaspoons of matcha powder in the matcha bowl.
- Sieve the powder through the sieve in the small bowl to break down any lumps.
- Add approx. 4-ounces of hot water at 175-180°F and not boiling.
- Whisk the tea with the bamboo whisk (chasen) until frothy.
- Enjoy your cup of matcha tea.
- Use high-quality matcha green tea leaves for the best flavor.
- Sieve your powder for the smoothest cup of tea.
- Use filtered or bottled water for added freshness.
- Heat your water to 175-180°F for the best results.
- Whisk your matcha tea until frothy.
Brewing matcha tea is a simple process that requires few ingredients and little effort. Once you have gathered the necessary ingredients and equipment it only takes a few minutes to make a delicious cup of matcha tea. The smell and taste are unique, and a cup of matcha tea is the perfect way to start your day!