How to Brew Sun Tea
Brewing sun tea is a great way to get a taste of sweet, refreshing tea without having to heat up your kitchen. All you need to make it is:
- A glass jug or other large container
- 8-10 tea bags
- 1 gallon of filtered water
- Fill the jug with the filtered water and place the tea bags in the jug. Depending on the strength you desire, you can add one or two more bags for additional strength.
- Cover the jug with a lid or cloth. Some experts suggest adding a few drops of lemon juice or a tablespoon of sugar for additional flavor.
- Place the jug of tea in direct sunlight for several hours. If possible, try to place it on the south side of the house so it is in direct sunlight for most of the day.
- Once the tea has brewed, strain it and pour it over ice. Enjoy your freshly brewed sun tea!
Brewing sun tea can be an interesting and flavorful way to get your daily dose of tea. Try different teas and flavors to mix it up and enjoy the process of slowly brewing a cup of tea in the sun!