How to Brew Sun Tea
Sun tea is a hassle-free way to make fresh iced tea using the natural heat of the sun. It’s inexpensive, easy to make, and entirely customizable. Here’s everything you need to know about brewing sun tea.
What You’ll Need:
- Tea of choice (either loose leaf or tea bags)
- Large glass pitcher or jar
- Add Tea: Start by adding the tea directly to the jar. Depending on your preference, you can use 5-10 tea bags, or 2-3 tablespoons of loose leaf tea.
- Fill with Water: Fill the jar with cold filtered water, leaving a few inches of space at the top.
- Set in Sunlight: Cover the jar with a clean cloth and place it in a sunny spot for 3-4 hours.
- Strain and Sweeten: Once the tea is the desired strength, remove the tea bags or strain out the loose leaf tea using a fine mesh sieve. Sweeten with a natural sweetener of your choice, such as honey or agave nectar.
- Serve with Ice: Finally, pour the tea over ice and enjoy!
Brewing sun tea is an easy way to make delicious iced tea without the need for an electric kettle or stove. It taps into the natural warmth of the sun, resulting in a refreshing, low-cost drink. Enjoy your very own homemade sun tea!