How to Clean Tea Stains from a Stainless Steel Travel Mug
It is not uncommon to find tea stains on the inside of a stainless steel travel mug. Unfortunately, the stains cause discoloration and require regular cleaning. Here are some tips to remove these stubborn tea stains from your travel mug:
1. Clean the Travel Mug After Each Use
Wash your travel mug after each use, particularly if you have used a red or flavored tea. This will help prevent the tea stains from sticking and it brings you better hygiene and a better taste of your next cup of tea.
2. Use Mild Detergent and Hot Water
Fill the travel mug half way with warm water, add some mild detergent then shake it before rinse it several times until you remove all the soap.
3. White Vinegar
Fill the travel mug with warm water and add one teaspoon of vinegar. Let it soak for 10 to 15 minutes before rinse it several times.
4. Baking Soda
Mix baking soda with water, fill the travel mug and let it soak for 10 to 15 minutes before rinse it thoroughly.
5. Scrub the Stain with a Brush
If the above methods do not work, try to scrub the stain with a brush.
6. Prevention is Better Than Cure
- Clean the travel mug after each use to prevent further staining.
- Avoid adding milk into your tea as milk will leave an unpleasant odour and discoloration in your travel mug.
By using these cleaning methods, you can keep your stainless steel travel mug clean and prevent any further tea staining.