How to Cut Tea Sandwiches
- Two slices of sandwich bread
- Spread of your choice (butter, peanut butter, cream cheese, etc.)
- Filling of your choice (cold cuts, tuna salad, egg salad, etc.)
- Spread butter, peanut butter, cream cheese, or other spreads on one slice of bread. Add whichever filling you prefer, such as cold cuts, tuna salad, egg salad, etc. to the bread with the spread.
- Place the other slice of bread on top of the filling. Pinch the edges of the two slices together until secure.
- Cut the tea sandwich into four pieces. You can cut the sandwich either into triangles or into rectangles. Cut down the center of the sandwich horizontally and then make two vertical cuts. Try to make the pieces as even as possible.
- Serve and enjoy! Serve the tea sandwiches on a plate and be sure to add a few other snacks to the plate.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the sandwich evenly. If needed, you can use a pastry wheel for extra precision when cutting into pieces.
- You can experiment with different breads and fillings for a unique flavor every time.
- If you want to make these sandwiches a little heartier, add in some lettuce or other leafy greens to the filling.