How to Descale an Electric Tea Kettle
An electric tea kettle is an indispensable appliance for tea lovers and those who enjoy a hot cup of water for different kinds of hot drinks. However, hard water contains minerals that can buildup and cause the appliance to break down. Fortunately, descaling an electric tea kettle is simple, and it will help increase the life of the appliance.
What You’ll Need:
- White Vinegar/Lemon Juice
- Distilled Water
- Wash Cloth
- Start by filling the kettle with equal parts white vinegar or lemon juice and distilled water.
- Now, put the kettle on the stove and let it come to a boil.
- Turn off the stove and let the kettle cool down enough to handle.
- Empty the vinegar/water solution from the kettle into the sink.
- Fill the kettle with fresh distilled water and boil the water once again.
- Turn off the stove and let the kettle cool.
- Empty the distilled water out of the kettle.
- Use the damp wash cloth to wipe down the inside of the kettle, removing any residue that remains.
Now, your electric tea kettle is descaled and ready to use! Descale your electric tea kettle once a month to ensure it lasts a long time.