How to Dilute Tea Tree Oil for Keloid
Tea tree oil is a powerful antiseptic and anti-inflammatory essential oil with many skin benefits. One of its most sought-after uses is for treating keloid scars. Here’s how to safely dilute tea tree oil for keloid treatment.
What You Need
- Tea tree oil
- Olive oil, coconut oil, or sweet almond oil
- Cotton swab or cloth
- Bowl or container
Diluting Tea Tree Oil for Keloids
- Combine three or four drops of tea tree oil with two teaspoons of a base oil of your choice. Make sure to use a carrier oil, such as olive oil, coconut oil, or sweet almond oil to “carry” the tea tree oil and dilute it.
- Mix well in a bowl or container.
- Gently apply the diluted oil to the affected area using a cotton swab or cloth.
- Repeat this process up to three times daily.
Remember to always test the diluted oil on a small area of your skin before applying it to the affected area. Tea tree oil can cause skin sensitivity or irritations in some people. In the event of any discomfort, discontinue use and consult your physician.