How to Dilute Tea Tree Oil for Keloids
Tea tree oil is an essential oil known for its many health benefits, including treating skin ailments. When used correctly, it can help reduce the appearance of various skin conditions, such as keloids. However, due to tea tree oil’s potential skin irritations, it is important to dilute it correctly before use. Follow these steps to ensure that you get the most out of tea tree oil while avoiding any potential skin reactions.
Things You’ll Need:
- Tea tree oil
- Carrier oil
- Glass container
- Small Funnel
- Pour 1 ounce of carrier oil in a glass container.
- Add 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil. Make sure the container is free of moisture.
- Use a small funnel to mix the oil together. If you do not have a funnel, use a spoon.
- Using a cotton ball, dab the mixture onto the keloid. Do not over saturate the area.
- Once you have applied the mixture to the keloid, leave it for up to 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, rinse the area with water.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times daily.
Using tea tree oil is an effective way to treat keloids, but it is important to use it correctly. Always remember to dilute the tea tree oil before applying it to the skin, and to wash the area after you have applied the mixture.