How to Dilute Tea Tree Oil with Water
Tea tree oil is a powerful oil that has a range of benefits and uses. But to ensure the oil is safe and effective, it must be diluted with water before use. Follow the steps below, to ensure you get the right dilution ratio when using tea tree oil:
What You’ll Need
- Tea tree oil
- Purified water
- Dark glass bottle
- 2 pipettes
- Fill the dark glass bottle with purified water, and use one pipette to add 10 drops of tea tree oil.
- Use the second pipette to measure 1 ml of tea tree oil.
- Mix the tea tree oil in the glass bottle, shaking to evenly distribute.
- For a final concentration of 1%, add 1 ml of tea tree oil to 10 ml of water.
- Always replace the lid on the glass bottle to stop the oil from evaporating.
Important Points to Remember
- Tea tree oil can sometimes be an irritant to sensitive skin, always do a patch test on a small area of skin to check for adverse effects before use.
- Tea tree oil should always be stored and handled in dark-colored glass bottles, out of direct sunlight.
- Make sure you use accurate measurements when diluting tea tree oil with water, so that you get the correct dilution ratio.
Using tea tree oil effectively is important for maximizing its potential benefits. For safe and optimal use, make sure that you always dilute tea tree oil with water following these simple instructions.