How to Drink Black Tea
Black tea is one of the most popular types of tea. Here are some simple steps to get started drinking black tea.
You will need the following ingredients to make a cup of black tea:
- 2 teaspoons of black loose-leaf tea
- 8 ounces of filtered, boiling water
- 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
- 1 slice of lemon (optional)
- Bring 8 ounces of filtered water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add 2 teaspoons of black loose-leaf tea.
- Cover and steep for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea, discarding the leaves.
- Add honey and/or a slice of lemon for a hint of sweetness and taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- For a milder flavor, steep for 2 minutes.
- For a stronger flavor, steep for 5 minutes.
- If you like your tea unsweetened, simply omit the honey.
- To make iced tea, steep the tea in double strength (2 teaspoons per 8 ounces of water) and pour over ice.