How to Fix a Broken Nail with a Tea Bag
Many people experience the frustration of a broken nail. Some may resort to artificial replacement while others may attempt to salvage the broken nail in some creative way. One of the more inventive ways of attempting to repair a broken nail is using a tea bag.
Steps to Follow
- Trim the broken nail: Before applying the tea bag, use nail clippers and trim off the remaining parts of the nail to create a clean edge.
- Grind the edges down: Use an emery board and file down any sharp edges. This helps create a smooth surface.
- Soak the tea bag: Soak the tea bag in warm or hot water for a couple of minutes.
- Press onto the nail: Press the wet tea bag onto the exposed nail. Keep it in place until the tea bag is completely dry.
- Remove the tea bag and apply a base coat: Gently remove the tea bag. Apply a protective base coat of nail polish and allow it to dry completely.
- Finish with nail polish and clear coat: Apply a coat of nail polish of your choice. For extra durability and shine, finish with a strong clear coat.
Using this creative method, you can now successfully fix your broken nail with a tea bag. It’s worth a shot and you never know, it may even last longer than expected.