How to Get Tea Out of Carpet
Nobody wants their carpets to be stained with tea. It’s a frustrating experience that can often be difficult to fix. Fortunately, there are simple techniques you can use to remove the tea from your carpets.
What You Will Need
- Paper towels
- Vacuum cleaner
- Shaving cream (optional)
- Baking soda (optional)
- Use a paper towel to absorb as much of the tea from the carpet as possible. Blot the affected area repeatedly until no more moisture can be collected.
- Rinse the area with a small amount of water, dabbing it with a cloth. Do not pour the water directly onto the carpet, as this may push the tea further down the pile.
- Vacuum the area to remove any remaining wet particles.
- If there is still a stain, you can try one of the following methods:
- Apply a little shaving cream to the stain and let it sit for a few minutes. Blot it away with a cloth and then rinse with water.
- Sprinkle the affected area with baking soda. Leave for a few minutes then vacuum.
- If the stain still remains, you may need to call in a professional carpet cleaner.
With the right methods, it’s not too difficult to get tea out of your carpets. Start by blotting the area with paper towels and then rinse the area. If stains persist, you can try shaving cream or baking soda. If all else fails, call in a professional cleaner.