How to Make a Gallon of Sweet Tea
Sweet tea is an iconic summertime refreshment that is lauded around the world. Making a gallon of delicious sweet tea is easy! Here is a step by step guide to making the perfect pitcher of sweet tea.
- 6-8 tea bags of black tea
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 gallon of water
- Fill a gallon sized pitcher half way with cold water
- Add 6-8 tea bags, ensuring that the tea is covered by water
- Bring the water and tea to a rolling boil
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup of sugar
- Stir the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved
- Add the remaining water, filling the pitcher the rest of the way
- Allow the tea to cool until luke warm
- Chill in the refrigerator, then add ice to serve
Now you have a delicious and refreshing pitcher of sweet tea that is perfect for any summer BBQ, family get together or just an afternoon on the porch. Enjoy!