How to Make a Gallon of Sweet Tea
Making a gallon of sweet tea is an easy task that you can do in just a few minutes. Whether you are hosting a party or want a refreshing beverage while you watch the stars, this recipe is sure to please. Here’s what you’ll need to make a gallon of your favorite sweet tea:
- 6 regular-sized tea bags
- 1 gallon of cold water
- 1 cup of granulated white sugar
- Bring 1 quart of cold water to a boil in a medium-sized pot.
- Once the water is boiling, add 6 regular-sized tea bags.
- Let the tea bags steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and discard. Do Not squeeze the tea bags after steeping.
- Add 1 cup of granulated white sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add 3 quarts of cold water to the pot and stir.
- Pour the tea into a 1-gallon pitcher and add ice (optional).
Making a gallon of sweet tea is simple and the flavor can be adjusted to suit your taste. For example, you can add more or less sugar depending on how sweet you like it. You can also adjust the steeping time for a stronger or weaker flavor. For an even more flavorful tea, you can add a little bit of citrus juice or even a sprig of mint.
No matter how you make it, your homemade gallon of sweet tea is sure to be a hit! Enjoy!