How to Make a Medicine Ball Tea
Medicine ball tea is a popular drink found in cafes and boba tea shops. It not only tastes delicious but also has medicinal properties and is perfect for a cold day. Here’s how to make your own medicine ball tea at home.
- Brewed Tea – choose your favorite tea such as oolong, green, black, or chamomile.
- Honey – a tablespoon of honey helps to sweeten the tea and add a bit more health benefits.
- Herbs – traditional medicine ball tea uses lemon balm and elderflower, but you can experiment with other herbs such as ginger, hibiscus or mint.
- Brew your tea according to directions.
- Add honey and stir to dissolve.
- Add herbs, stirring to combine.
- Fill a mug about halfway with tea and top off with hot water.
- Stir once more and enjoy!
If you don’t have the time to brew your own tea, most boba tea shops will have their own pre-made mix that you can buy. You can also add nutritional or medicinal supplements, such as vitamin C or echinacea, to your medicine ball tea to enhance its health benefits. For a lighter flavor, try using green tea instead of black tea.