How to Make a Pitcher of Tea
Making a pitcher of tea is a great way to quench your thirst and provide a refreshing drink for yourself or your guests. It’s also a relatively easy process, so you don’t need to be intimidated about it. Here are the steps to make a delicious pitcher of tea.
Choose Your Tea
When it comes to choosing a type of tea to make a pitcher of tea, there is no one size fits all. Take a look at your options and choose whatever type you prefer.
- Black Tea – Black tea is a strong, full-bodied tea that is full of antioxidants. It usually requires more tea per cup than other types of tea.
- Green Tea – Green tea has a light and delicate flavor, and is often combined with different herbs and spices. Also, it is excellent for having many health benefits.
- Herbal Tea – Herbal tea is a perfect choice if you are looking for a caffeine-free option. This type of tea usually contains dried herbs, fruits, and flowers, giving it a unique flavor.
Preparing the Tea
Once you have chosen the tea you would like to use, it is time to prepare it for the pitcher. Here are the steps:
- Boil a pot of water (1 liter for every 6-8 teabags).
- Place the tea bags in the bottom of the pitcher and pour the hot water over them.
- Let the tea steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the teabags and discard them.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved (optional).
- Add ice and/or cold water to bring the pitcher’s total volume up to 1 liter.
Now that the tea is made, it’s ready to drink. You can enjoy the pitcher of tea plain or you can add a few slices of lemon or other fruits to give it a bit of a zing. Have fun and enjoy!