How to Make a Pot of Tea
Making a pot of tea is quite a simple process requiring just a few items — if you have all the ingredients ready, it takes only a few minutes. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Teabag or Loose-Leaf Tea
- Mug or Teacup
- Teaspoon & Infuser (optional)
- Strainer (optional)
- Milk, Cream, Lemon and/or Sweetener (optional)
- Fill the kettle with cold, fresh water and turn it on.
- Warm the teapot by rinsing it with hot water from the kettle.
- Place one teabag or teaspoon of loose tea into the teapot for each cup of tea you wish to make.
- Measure out one cup (or mug) of boiling water for each cup of tea.
- Pour the hot water over the tea bag or loose leaves.
- Allow the tea to steep for 5 minutes or longer, depending on the type and strength of tea you’re using.
- If desired, add milk, cream, lemon, or a sweetener to your tea.
- Strain the tea into the teacup or mug.
Whether you like your tea hot or cold, strong or mild, there’s no right or wrong way to make a pot of tea. Experiment to find the combination of tea and add-ins that you like best.