How to Make a Tea Bomb
Tea bombs have recently become quite popular and for good reason! Not only are they easy and fun to make, but they also make great gifts. Read on to find out how to make your very own tea bomb!
Here is what you need to make your tea bomb:
- 1/4 cup loose leaf tea of your choice
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 3 – 4 tablespoons epsom salts
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite herbs or spices (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of any essential oils (optional)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of water
- A mold of your choice (preferably one with a lid)
- Mix the Dry Ingredients Together: In a large bowl, mix together the tea, baking soda, cream of tartar, epsom salts, and cornstarch. If using, add your herbs and spices now.
- Add the Water: Slowly add the water, stirring continuously until the mixture is the consistency of wet sand.
- Add the Essential Oils: If using, add the essential oil now and mix until fully incorporated.
- Press the Mixture into the Mold: Once everything is combined, press the mixture firmly into the mold and secure the lid.
- Let it Dry Overnight: Leave the tea bomb in the mold overnight so that it can dry completely.
- Unmold and Package: Once the tea bomb has dried, carefully remove it from the mold and package it however you like.
And that’s it! With just a few simple ingredients and some patience, you can make your own tea bomb. Enjoy!