How to make Authentic Indian Masala Chai
- 1 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoon of black tea
- 1-2 cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamon
- 2-4 peppercorn
- 2-3 strands of mace
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 3-5 teaspoon of sugar or jaggery
- Bring the water to a boil and add the tea leaves and other spices to it.
- Let the mixture simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the milk and let it cook for 4-5 minutes over a low flame.
- Add sugar/jaggery and stir for a few minutes.
- Strain the masala chai in a cup.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
You can adjust the quantity of the spices in the recipe to personalize it according to your taste. You can also add additional spices like nutmeg, cinnamon and star anise for more flavor.