How to make Authentic Indian Masala Chai
If you’re looking for a delicious way to enjoy a hot cup of tea, look no further than Indian masala chai. This traditional Indian tea is made with a combination of whole spices and sweetened with sugar. It’s sure to tantalize your taste buds with its spicy flavor and sweet aroma. Here’s how to make it:
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 2 black cardamom pods
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons loose black tea
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom pods, and freshly grated ginger.
- Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Add the loose black tea and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a teapot or a large cup. Add the sugar and milk and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the tea into individual cups and enjoy!
- You can adjust the sweetness of the tea to your liking by adding more or less sugar.
- You can also adjust the spiciness of the tea by increasing or decreasing the amount of spices you use.
- You can make this recipe vegan by using non-dairy milk.
Indian masala chai is a warm and comforting drink that’s sure to delight your senses. With its spicy flavor and sweet aroma, it’s a perfect way to cozy up on chilly days. Give it a try and enjoy a cup of authentic Indian masala chai at home!