How to make Authentic Indian Masala Chai
- 2.5-3 cups of milk (whole fat milk gives a richer taste)
- 2 teaspoons of black tea leaves
- 4-5 green cardamom pods or ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 4-5 cloves
- 1 inch of cinnamon stick
- 4-5 black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons of honey, or to taste
- Put the milk on to boil, then lower the heat when it comes to a boil.
- Add the tea leaves, cardamom pods, cinnamon, cloves, and peppercorns. Let it simmer
for 10 minutes on medium low heat.
- Once the tea looks dark and the aroma of the spices is coming out, reduce the heat
to low and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and strain the tea into cups.
- Add honey to taste and serve hot.
Now you know How to make Authentic Indian Masala Chai, so why don’t you surprise your friends and family by brewing this traditional beverage. Enjoy!