How to Make Authentic Indian Masala Chai
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tbsp of black tea leaves
- 4 cardamom pods (crushed)
- 4 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 2-3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- Put water in a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add the cardamom pods, cloves, cinnamon sticks, fennel seeds and grated ginger.
- Let the spices infuse in the water for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tea leaves, then lower the heat and let it simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sugar, then turn off the heat.
- Strain the chai into cups.
- Add the milk and stir.
Enjoy your cup of masala chai!
Indian masala chai is a classic, delicious and spicy tea recipe that is perfect for an early morning beverage or an afternoon pick-me-up. The spices used to make it give the chai a distinctive flavour and aroma that makes it perfect to sip on a chilly winter evening. Making it at home is surprisingly simple and easy, so why not give it a try today?